Sunday 22 September 2013

My beautiful new make-up bag...





It's actually a little sad how much I enjoy my new little make-up bag. 
Mint, floral, and super organised, tell me what's not to love, ladies?!

After spying it over on Vivianna Does Make-up a few weeks back, and feeling utterly ashamed of my somewhat revolting old excuse for a make-up bag, I decided to hunt this beautiful Paul & Joe make-up bag down while we were in the beauty hall at Selfridges. 
Somehow, a shopping trip intended for baby hat purchasing ended up in the beauty hall... don't judge me!

Although finding the Paul & Joe counter proved to be a somewhat stressful experience on a packed Saturday afternoon, let me tell you it was well worth it. 

You know when you're a kid, and at the beginning of each term at school you get all excited about getting a new pencil case and filling it up with new stationary? (Someone please tell me I'm not the only one?!) Well, this is like the 'grown-up' version of that feeling, Vivianna definitely got it right when she described this as the 'filofax' of make-up bags. 
I've been looking for a new make-up bag for SO long now, and I'm just the pickiest lady in the world so have been putting up with my old one until I found the perfect replacement. 
I love this SO much I  actually cleaned up all my make-up and brushes before putting them all in... haha

The best thing about this gorgeous little bag, apart from it's pretty-ness is the organisation. 
It has two removable pouches inside, one of which is see-through for quick access to those items you use most. I love the little pockets at the back for your brushes so they don't get damaged, a super important feature in my eyes, and rare to find in a make up bag. 

I can't believe I've managed to blab on for so long about this...

Have you ever shopped in Paul and Joe? What's your make-up bag of choice? 

30 comments:

  1. This is so CUTE! love how you went in for a baby hat and come away with makeup goodies, sounds way to like me haha!

    Hope your pregnancy is going well :)

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is so gorgeous!! I totally get the stationary-school reference, I was absolutely obsessed with my pencil case (I still have it kicking up somewhere, and still love it) so can totally relate. This sounds all part of the nesting process to be honest! x

    teapartywithalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!! I need a new makeup bag and I like how this has the different little sections!! :) xxxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design of Paul and Joe make up but I've never actually bought anything from them but now I really do want to!!
    Also the make up bag is so cute, I really need a more organised way of storing mine!
    Thanks for making me want to buy all the things haha
    Love your blog
    Sophie
    sophiesbloggings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could do with upgrading my naff plastic makeup bag to one of these! It would go perfectly with my actual filofax haha x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul and Joe do the best makeup bags! I have a little cat one with lots of handy compartments x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh I was expecting the price tag to be an awful lot higher! This bag is gorgeous and such a great way of organising every day make up!

    The Dress Code | Fashion, Beauty, Music & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. My sister came home with one the other day. It's so organized!
    x
    http://www.daniellesdiscerningeye.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

  9. Ohhh Hannah being a bad influence again! I want.. Actually I NEEd this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh, its so pretty & seems to be a great size! I like that it has a space for brushes & zip compartments for makeup. Very handy. I need to treat myself to a new pretty makeup bag. Mine are functional but not pretty & exciting.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I reallyl love this! It looks like the perfect make up bag! x

    duggydimples.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just perfect! I love how it looks like a filofax, definitely on my want list now!

    Charlotte xx
    flowersinthewateringcan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This make up bag is gorgeous I really really want it haha. Plus no, you're not the only one that got over excited about new pencil cases and stationary when they were young :D

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this, it's gorgeous! Perfect with all it's little compartments. And I used to LOVE getting a new pencil case and stationery haha, I'd organise it so neatly and spend ages picking one out only to want a new one by the beginning of the next term ha xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how practical this is. I could do with a new make up bag. As a teacher I still love getting a new pencil case and filling it ever September and I've got a feeling this would top that! X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this so much! For now, my neon orange and pink Superdry makeup bag has to do but I'd love to get the Paul&Joe one or the Laura Mercier case soon x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't blame you Hannah for getting so excited over this beauty of a make-up bag. It's like the queen of all make-up bags. I've had my eyes on it since spotting it over at VDM aswell. Shame I don't like in the UK to pick this up in Selfridges. Such a beaut and I LOVE the look of the contents of your makeup bag. All those Bobbi Brown. HEAVEN. Lol at the cleaning your products before placing them inside. I would have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! I would be super excited about it too :D


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  19. Paul & Joe do some fab bits! I have one of their lipstick cases! This is lovely though - I want one!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh that's gorgeous, I've been looking for one with compartments since the Laura Mercier Portfolio went out of stock so I need this one! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's gorgeous Hannah, I'd have to seriously downsize all the stuff I carry with me when away if I used that!

    www.abluebirdday.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woah, that's surely a very cute and handy bag! How come I never seem to find something *that* perfect? I have to look around more often!
    And yes, I totally relate with the stationery thing :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this bag, looks so pretty and practical :) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this bag. I'm extremely organised so this would be perfect :) Thanks for sharing this.

    honeyblushblog.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is a very super lovely make up, it's gorgeous! I don't have anything like this, it would be nice to be able to organise my brushes like that! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love make up so as wonderful brushes. This set is simply perfect, and I really love the bag. I am planning to give my cousin make up and a set of brushes as a gift, I think I would look for chic bag for a pretty add on. She just undergone a thread face lift and this is something that'll delight her.

    ReplyDelete