Friday 23 November 2012

Bobbi Brown foundation sticks


I've been meaning to review this product for a little while now, I never thought I'd stray from my beloved Chanel foundation, but Bobbi Brown is the brand that have done it for me this time.

Being a huge fan of liquid foundation, I didn't think I would like using a stick based foundation at all, I guess I just thought it would look thick and cakey. Well, I was totally 100% wrong on that one! Meet my new favourite go-to.

It's the kind of foundation that makes your skin look flawless without actually looking like you're wearing it, that's what we're all searching for right? I apply mine with a nice big foundation brush, you hardly need any product to get a good coverage, they are easy to blend and  extremely buildable too. 
Oh, I've also been tripling them up as concealers too (which they are totally amazing for), and mixing them in with a moisturiser to make tinted moisturiser when I'm having a rare good skin day.

Yes, they are rather pricey at £28 each, but these are total gems. I can't recommend them enough!

Have you tried Bobbi Brown foundation sticks? What's your current 'go-to' foundation? 

p.s sorry for the lack of photo of the product on my face, i know it's annoying, but I'm still looking kinda mangey from being ill for so long!





19 comments:

  1. I've never even considered foundation sticks, they look like they'd be tricky to apply. I'm tempted to try some out now though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought that about stick foundations too, that they'd look cakey and thick but these do sound lovely and your skin has been looking gorgeous in videos lately! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Sounds and looks amazing!!
    Will have to pick it up ASAP!
    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the exact same as you so it's good to hear that's not right. They look perfect for slinging in your bag for touch ups throughout the day or for travelling xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely review! I don't think I've seen a brand do a foundation in stick format before other than Vichy. Also I hope you feel better soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh these look so fab. I love the photographs you used, great review!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. never tried anything bobbi brown actually... maybe ill have to ad these to my christmas list!
    guess what i bought today? Body shop vitamin E face mist (or whatever its called!) cant wait to try it out :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither had I until this year, but they have some really nice quality things.
      Aaah you bought the mist :) let me know what you think if it, I still love it! X

      Delete
  8. That looks lovely. I really want to try - I've never had anything from Bobby Brown. Great post.
    x
    http://www.daniellesdiscerningeye.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. these sounds far too good to be true, I'm going to have to give these a trial next time i'm near a bobbi brown counter

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg haven't seen anything like this before! great review you have made me want to try this foundation.

    Im running a GIVEAWAY open to everyone!:)

    pocockins.blogspot.com
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been really tempted to buy one but now i think i definitely will
    bridinn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I almost brought their extra repair wear foundation yesterday but going to get a sample and try it out first. What was the finish of this like? I need my foundation to be really moisturising and dewy and I'm always scared foundation sticks will just dry me out!

    Great blog btw, now following :)

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally mix these on application with a moisturiser so they still have a dewy finish :) they look so natural if you apply them right. Thank you so much for your comment, led me to snoop through your blog, whic I'm now following too :) yay xxx

      Delete
  13. These sound good. How are they with dry skin though? Those pictures are brilliant!
    Hope you feel better soon lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hun :) I mix them with moisturiser on application so it doesn't affect me as I don't have dry skin anyway. I've used them on models with dryer skin before thorough, you would just need to mix more moisturiser into that area :) xxx

      Delete
  14. It looks lovely, great photo's btw x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to be able to find good information from your blog articles.



    Feel free to visit my web blog: acoustic guitar chord

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've used Estee lauders stick foundation years ago but I haven't tried Bobbi brown! They look fab, I think I would use them more for concealers though!

    apinchofshaz.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete