Thursday 14 June 2012

Vintage Earring Shopping

I’m a huge fan of clip on earrings.
You see, I’ve tried 3 times (yes, 3 TIMES) to have my ears pierced, me and piercings just don't get along.
So, long ago, I resorted to the clip on kind.

Shopping for vintage clip-ons in markets is actually soooo much easier and cheaper than buying them from high street shops like Topshop, who charge crazy bonkers prices of up to £18.
The choice range is much bigger in a market place too, usually organised by colour. Plus you get the lovely hussle and bussle atmosphere.
It’s pretty sweet to know that no-one else will be wearing the same pair as you too, you’ll have something old and unique.

I purchased these cute little flowery clip-ons from a charming little market in Camden Passage (Angel, London).
They were £3. Yeh, bargainous!
I bought them from a lovely old lady (she looked like she was wearing every piece of jewellery she owned), who sells real 50’s jewellery and broaches.
50’s is clearly the era to love.
They remind me of little cake decorations, obviously being a keen baker, this pleases me. Sad, I know.

I bought these darling little pearl earrings from a stall at Portabello Market (London)
They were £6 and I wear them A LOT. Seriously, pearls go with EVERY outfit, right?!

Have any of you done any vintage shopping recently? Which markets do you like to go to?

4 comments:

  1. so pretty! I love the flowery ones :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look lovely especially the 2nd pair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww these are so sweet and look so lovely on you! I always forget vintage and charity, I stopped finding stuff I liked a while ago, but I'm always interested to see what other people pick up! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw Chariety shops are harder though, London markets are really great for picking up little trinkets like this :) xx

      Delete