Monday 9 May 2011

Make-Up-Mondays-Moisture-Surge!

Hey beauties, how were your Mondays? I'm not a fan to be honest, but with Monday out of the way we are one day closer to the weekend, and that can't be a bad thing...hurrah!! 
I love Sunday's...last night I discovered a new-found love for milky way milkshakes (UH-MA-ZING!!) whilst watching some 90s filmage... "Honey I shrunk the kids" and "Ace Ventura". They just don't make films like they used to! I'm obsessed with trips to Blockbusters at the moment too, retro. Basically, I wish it was the 90s still.


Good films plus good milkshake = perfect combo!


Anyhoo... this weekend I have been trying out the new tinted moisturiser by Clinique, moisture surge, its meant to be a summer alternative to foundation. I've been seeing it advertised everywhere, and as I have been branching out and actually experimenting with new foundations lately, I thought it was time to give in and give it a wurl. 

So, I tried it in shade 3 which I think was a little to dark for my skin tone, not my fault, I blame the lady on Clinique... plus I've been super lazy with my fake tan recently. So I kind of had an orange face and a white neck, like something off TOWIE, not the best look ill admit. So, here's a snap of it on...

 I don't think you can really tell what it's like in the photo because the lighting isn't great, sorry about that beauties! 
Other than that, I have to admit I quite liked it. I know with a moisturiser your supposed to rub it in, but I decided I would apply it with a sponge, like a foundation. 
Moisture surge was much heavier than I originally thought it was going to be. I've tried tinted moisturisers before and really not gotten on with them, because they were too light and literally didn't cover anything. I would say this was different, it was more light foundation than tinted moisturiser. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not... 
It seemed quite heavy on my skin, but it blended well and gave a nice overall glowing look. The kind of dewy look I love and always go for as opposed to the matt effect. 
The only thing was it wasn't great at covering blemishes, even after I applied a good concealer. After moisture surge had settled though, I was quite pleased with the overall look, kind of like I wasn't wearing make-up, going for the 'nearly nude' look. Superb for beach beauties and any of you going on your hols, especially if your not skin-confident enough to go without.
Although I wouldn't personally buy it myself (I like a lot of coverage as I often suffer from blemishes), I would definitely say try it if you have clear skin, £30 to spare, and want to switch to something a little lighter than your normal base. 
Right I must be off for now beauties, busy evening ahead... xX

No comments:

Post a Comment