Tuesday 19 April 2011

D.I.Y nightmare.. I learnt the hard way, so you don't have too.‏


Yesterday I had a day off and thought, 'why not change my hair'? I was perfectly happy with it, just spontaneously fancied a change. You know how it is.

Instead of doing the sensible thing that most people would have done and just head to a reliable hairdressers, I decided I would go for it and D.I.Y my own highlights. Bad mistake. I mean massive fail. 

Firstly because my hair is so dark naturally, the colour turned orange. Not even ginger (I actually really like ginger hair)...proper orange. When I took the towel off my head and revealed the colour I actually said out loud Oh.MY.GOD.  

So I swallowed my pride, put on a trilby to at least try and make myself a little presentable, and went back up to the supermarket to buy a darker dye to cover over the mess I had made. 
Needless to say the same guy who had served me with the first box of hair dye had quite the smirk on his face when he saw me, less than 2 hours later with botched up hair. I seriously looked like Stripe from Gremlins.  

 So after applying the second coat of darker die, my hair refused to co-operate and was still an orange stripey mess. Nightmare. 
Consequently I spent the whole of this morning in tears down the phone to my sister, who has decided, quite appropriately that my new nickname should be Cilla (Black)...


After that there was nothing else for it. I had to go to the hairdressers and let the experts deal with it...  

Once I had found a decent hairdressers that could actually squeeze me in today, to add to my trauma, I had no idea where my bank card was. When I finally did find it, I got completely lost on my way to Toni and Guy. Bad luck comes in three, right?!

But it's all good now, £55 and a good 4 or 5 glasses of wine later (to calm my nerves), I am back to being a dark brunette, just the way I like it. I don't know why I even wanted the change!
  

So beauties, moral of the story, learn from my mistake and never try to go lighter D.I.Y style, its not worth the stress, believe me... 
I'd strongly advise you to trot on off to the professionals 
Xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment